Curtains and drapes can make even an ordinary room look more comfortable and luxurious. You can choose curtains or drapes in any color, pattern, and texture depending upon what constitutes a perfect room for you.
You have just moved into your new apartment and you want to give it some life. You are thinking about buying curtains or drapes for the windows but don’t know how much fabric you need. Well, we made a handy guide that will help take the guesswork out of measuring for curtains and drapes! Scroll down to read our 5-step guide on how to measure for curtains and drapes in no time at all.
Choose Curtains or Drapes in any Color
Curtains and drapes are a great way to make any room feel more comfortable and luxurious. You can choose from many different colors, patterns, textures, and styles depending on what makes the perfect room for you. Here are 5 easy steps to measuring for curtains or drapes!
Here are 5 easy steps to measuring for curtains or drapes!
Step 1 – Measure your window width
Step 2 – Add 3 inches
Step 3 – Divide by two
Step 4 – Subtract 1 inch (for each curtain rod)
Step 5 – Cut fabric to size of measurement plus one inch for seam allowance.
- If you want to create custom-pleated, gathered or ruffled curtains, add one more inch for the seam allowance.
- Use these steps and tricks below to ensure a perfect fit every time!
- Make sure your window is clean and clear of any obstacles like furniture or blinds. Take measurements from the top down, making sure they are accurate by holding the tape measure tightly against the wall. You can also have someone help you get a more accurate measurement (the weight of another person will hold the tape measure tight).
- Always make sure that your measuring tape has inches on it so that you know exactly how many inches high your curtain rod should be.
- Get curtains and drapes that transform a room
- Choose from four types of fabric for your curtains/drapes so you can create the perfect living or working space
- Don’t settle for an ordinary window, make every window into a beautiful focal point with custom-made drapes
- Take just 5 simple steps to get amazing looking curtains
- Follow these five easy steps when measuring for curtains or drapes in your home today!
In the end, it’s all about what makes you happy. There are so many different styles of curtains and drapes that can help transform an ordinary room into a luxurious space for you to enjoy every day. Whether your preference is modern or traditional, we have something perfect for you! If this sounds like too much work on top of everything else in life, let us know and our team will be more than happy to design a curtain set just for your home at no cost to you – call today!
how easy it is to measure for curtains or drapes
Curtains and drapes are a great way to do that. They can make even an ordinary room look more comfortable and luxurious. You can choose curtains or drapes in any color, pattern, and texture depending upon what constitutes a perfect room for you.
If you are looking for the best way to dress up your windows, then this guide is just right for you! We will show you how easy it is to measure for curtains or drapes in 5 simple steps. This guide will help save time while shopping online by providing all the information that one needs before buying new window treatments. It also provides tips on how to choose colors that match with your decor perfectly! So let’s get started!
• You’ll love the transformation in your room when curtains and drapes are added to a boring, otherwise lackluster space.
• Curtain and drapery stores will enable you to feel at ease while shopping for the perfect window dressings because they know what’s going on.
• Curtains and drapes can be found anywhere- from small independent boutiques to large retail chains such as Macy’s or JCPenney. It doesn’t matter where you shop because it all depends upon your personal preferences for style, comfort level, etcetera!
Decorating your home with curtains and drapes is a great way to add comfort, color, and texture. Curtains can be used in any room of the house while draperies are mostly found in living rooms or bedrooms. They come in different colors, patterns, and textures so you’re sure to find one that matches your current décor or personal style.
To get started on designing the perfect space for yourself with these window treatments, contact our team today! We’ll help you choose what’s best whether it’s blinds vs Roman shades vs vertical blinds vs roman shades – we’ve got them all!